Create an account

My Ultimate Enemy

My Ultimate Enemy

Summary: When we fall in love it is often a person we fall in love with, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be a person you can spend your life with but rather an inanimate object. And a certain crime-lord discovers this for himself. In other words we get to have a glimpse of what Unknown does in his “personal life’.

Disclaimer: The Wii Console belongs to Nintendo, Unknown/Hector Pureblood belongs to me.

Punch.

Swing.

Block.

Jaw.

Dodge, repeat.

This was the pattern of the combat, with numerous alterations saturated within. Sometimes a jab took the place of a dodge. Sometimes of a swing. And sometimes it, or a suitable substitute, was left out entirely as the opponents danced around each other in their violent dance.

Unknown had relieved himself of his mask hours ago, not only to better gain the much needed oxygen his lungs were beginning to lack, but to widen his vision of this battlefield, to better calculate his opponent’s moves. The sound of grunts and ‘oofs’ filled the air as the balance of the conflict stabilized.

Finally, Unknown made one tinsy, itsy-bitsy mistake, a last minute hesitation, which his ruthless adversary merciless grabbed the advantage, way-laying him with a barrage of indecipherable beatings, until Unknown’s avatar fell to the arena floor. Unconscious.

As the screen faded to black and the phrase “Game Over” glared at the unmasked crimelord, Unknown simply stared in shocked silence. Hands on his knees, unable to say a word around his ragged gasps for air.

He lost… He…. Lost… He- Unknown, aka the ‘Most Dangerous Man Alive’, one of the most ruthless criminals that have ever lived, had just lost. A. Fight.

And to a non-existent woman nevertheless!

He looked down at the console in his hands, his Wii-mote and Nunchuk, stunned. When suddenly, a little twinkle came to his eyes, as a sudden, but somehow not unexpected realization came to mind.

“Finally,” he stated simply. “After all these years I had found a worthy combatant in this dull life that we have called society! At long last that the day has come that I have found myself a perfect match!”

The woman returned to the screen, the subtitle bar at the bottom of the screen gave a single statement: Play Again?

The crimelord felt his knees became weak. Tears of happiness started to collect in his eyes, he raised a single hand and wiped them away as a warm smile crept across his face. “Oh Wii!” He screamed in jubilation, hugging the console in front of the television set. “Where have you been in all my life? I would love to!” And with that, he pressed start, and he and his new love rejoined in their activities.

The End
"You want to know something funny? Even after everything you've done... I would have saved you." - Batman

"That actually is... pretty funny.""- Joker
(Batman to Joker before the latter's death in Arkham City video game, 2011)

Messages In This Thread