Create an account

Reunited and it feels so Goul! Part 4: Night at Blue Feather

(I apologize to everyone who took the time to read this far. I've had so much writing to do for school that this had to take a backseat. But now that I'm nearly done and spring break is just a few days away, I can dedicate a little more time to this and some lovely artwork. Enjoy.)

___________continued____________

"Hey- Hey Darkwing?" The plant was a little more calm but still trembled slightly, as though a small but constant breeze were blowing through his petals.

"Yeah?"
"Do... Do you think she likes me?" As soon as the words came out of his beak the plant instantly regretted them. This was still, in fact, the duck who would thrice weekly beat him up. What was he going to gain by confiding in him further? Just hurt feelings he supposed.

"What?"
"Nevermind, forget I said anything..." He covered his face with his leaves.
"Take it easy- the worst she can do is turn you down."

"That's all?" Bushroot wasn't very good with sarcasm but felt the situation called for it. "Well gee, I'm glad that's the worst of it."

"Hey, if it's any consolation, I think she really digs you." His beak curled into a sly smile under his mask. "You already have a lot in common." He sighed, rolling his arms behind his head and leaning back in his chair. "Yep, I'd say it was a pretty good call on my part to bring the two of you together."

"You would've asked anyone." The color of the plant seemed to fade and he wilted a little as he moped. "Even Quackerjack was on the list."

"Yeah, but you were the top of the list." Building his confidance was never something Darkwing thought he would have to do for any of the Five, but here he was. "I used all my deductive skills to put the two of you together."

"Really?"
"really."
"Wow, you know- you're a great friend."
"Yeah... where's the waiter with our food..." He glanced around and saw the man with two trays on his arms and the ladies followed swiftly behind him. Everything was working out perfectly. Maybe he'd get to see what was under that broach sooner than he'd thought.

(part five comming very soon.)
[Image: nega_reggie_rhoda_color_crop-1-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread