Create an account

Greetings

I've been poking my head into this forum on and off for a few years now, but I've finally decided to actually say "hi."

I grew up watching the Disney Channel and absolutely loved Darkwing Duck. I love superheroes in all forms and I loved Disney, so it was the perfect show for me as a child. And that enjoyment never faded as I grew up. Then a few years ago, I stumbled onto this site and learned that the story of DW was continuing in the form of a comic line. Needless to say, my excitement over that news was almost as enormous as a certain hero's ego. I quickly gathered the comics and kept an eye on this forum as everyone discussed their reactions and theories to each new issue. It was fun, even if I didn't join in at the time.

Then the comic ended.

After a while, the conversation died down and I withdrew from the site once more. I figured I'd just have to be happy with my DVDs of the show, my new comic collection, and fanfiction. It just seemed like such a shame.

Until today when I found this little tidbit on TvTropes:

Quote: In October 2014, it was announced that the first 16 issues of the Boom! Comics Darkwing Duck series would be reprinted as a trade by Joe Books Inc., rewritten by original editor Aaron Sparrow to better fit the show's tone and featuring new epilogue material. Additionally, this is to be followed by a new ongoing that will rework the Ducktales and Darkwing Duck crossover for it's opening issues. The Duck Knight will return in early 2015.

So I came charging back to the site for confirmation. And with that confirmation of the wonderful news, I decided this time it would be different. This time, I would try to actually contribute to the discussions. Maybe not all the time and I might vanish for months on end, but I would still go join in.

Dwcape
Darkwing: "Have I ever told you the story of the little girl, the golf club, and the firing squad?"

Messages In This Thread