Create an account

Magic Arrows

Since I only wrote five of the many stories belonging to my arc Magic Arrows and they are written in german, I'm quite sure I will not be able to write all the stories. Besides, the young adult Gosalyn is hard to write...
Since I have a complete episodes guide for the series Magic Arrows (that's kind of an inside joke, some short stories I wrote are placed in a world where a series by this title exists, but it is not mentioned yet it's about Gosalyn and Webby) I got the idea of writing summaries of the episodes just as if it was indeed a series. (Maybe I get the chance to use it somehow). Well, here are the first five episodes.
Oh, the arc/series is about Gosalyn and Webbigail who share a room in a dormitory.

101: Tri-City

Tri-City
„Tri-City“ ist he first episode of the first season of “Magic Arrows”

Synopsis:
The story begins with Gosalyn Mallard, writing down in a virtual diary how she got the news she was accepted at the Tri-City-University as a student of journalism, a university she never heard about before. Since she got denials from all colleges she just accepted this and, even more strange, got a room in a dormitory on the university grounds she has to share with the one year older Webby whom she considers a little too pink and happy.
This Webby than takes her to the special sightseeing tour for students lead by the ethics-professor Professor Mac. One stop at this tour is the old fortress, build by a man who feared black wizards. Here a non-anthro black cat steals Webbys bow and leads the girls to a ladder at the walls and over the walls to the prey store of some bicycle-thieves. This thieves turn out to be three huge and unscrupulous bullies and even seem to be more clever than all villains from St. Canard, as they recognize Gosalyn as daughter of Drake Mallard as seen in a documentation about Launchpad McQuack in which Darkwing Duck was also mentioned. They additionally know that Webby is close to Scrooge McDuck so they plan to take both girls hostage, but together the named girls are easily able to defeat them. Now it turns out, Gosalyn and Webbigail heard about each other, but never actually met. Webby reveals herself to be a more-or-less-undercover-agent of the campus-security and informs her superiors about the thieves. Later the young women speak about the cat and while Webby didn’t find it such strange, Gosalyn thinks, something might be behind this.

Informations:
- Gosalyn Mallard from “Darkwing Duck” and Webbigail Vanderquack from “DuckTales” both appear here as young adults. Other characters from this series are mentioned but not yet featured.
- In this episode is the first appearance of Professor Mac aka Marduk Macawber and Mirage, the real names of both of them are not revealed yet.
- Mark Gant, also known as Aedile Marcus appears. He will later take the role of Clodius’ and Clodia’s henchman.
- Several fraternities and sororities which will be important later throughout the series are mentioned, such as the Patricians and, not by name, the White Feather and the Biankas. Webby additionally refers to the White Feather when she mentions featherpickers.
- Gosalyn mentions her sister Maya who obviously is the daughter of Morgana and Drake.
- This episode is set in 2002.
“Darkwing Duck just won because Morgana summoned this yak. Can you block her spell?”
“I left the academy!”
“They didn’t accept me at all!”
“I’m a sorceress, not a witch. I need a pathway!”
“Well… So I have to nail her hand to the chair!”

Messages In This Thread